I love lavender. It’s such a fun, subtle flavor. So the other day when I read for a recipe that called for lavender simple syrup, my life was changed. How had I never thought of this? Off to the kitchen!
Today I’m going to share how to make lavender simple syrup and how to mix the syrup with lemonade to get a delightful summer drink! For this you will need:
- Measure out one cup of water, one cup of sugar, and one tablespoon of lavender. Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring regularly.
- Make sure the lavender has been well mixed in and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain out the lavender. Your simple syrup is ready!
- Juice several lemons. I just juiced a bag and stored the juice until I was ready for it.
- In a glass, mix together a ratio of one part simple syrup, one part lemon juice, and 4 parts water. For me, I made one glass with 2 oz syrup, 2 oz juice, and 8 oz water.
- Stir well, otherwise the parts will layer (see picture).
- Add some ice (if that’s your thing) and enjoy!
This process is easy and makes for a great summertime drink! I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you come up with some fun uses for your lavender syrup!