May was a good Birchbox month as far as my nose was concerned. Everything this month smelled delightful. While I was a bit annoyed to get yet another fragrance, everything else was so excellent I all but forgot about it. If you want to check out my previous reviews, click here.
- Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Treatment (Full size $40): Curly hair tends to be dry hair, so anything that can help moisturize is definitely worth checking out. This oil did the job, but I like my Beauty Protector oil better. However, this trial size is absolutely going into my travel bag to use whenever I don’t want/need to travel with something full size.
- Beauty Protector Beauty Cream Body Lotion (Full size $15.95): Like every other Beauty Protector product I’ve tried, this smelled AMAZING. It was sweet without being candy like. I wanted to eat it with a spoon. Plus, the lotion is amazingly thick and creamy, and really nourishes without making you feel oily. I’ve tested quite a few lotions I like now, but this one is probably top two.
- W3LL PEOPLE The Expressionist Bio Extreme Mascara (Full size $23.50): I liked that this mascara was all natural and didn’t contain any dyes in it, but it was only a bit above the drug store options I usually select. I think the wand was well designed, which helped keep my lashes separated, but I didn’t think it did much lengthening. It was fun to try, but won’t be on my purchase list.
- Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume (Full size $90-120): As I mention every time I get perfume, I’m not really a fragrance person. I will say, though, that this had a great Spring or Summer scent that is fresh and bold. If I was the type of person to buy perfume, I might give this one strong consideration.
- Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer (Full size $36): This was probably my favorite product this month. This moisturizer has a light, fresh scent that pairs well with my lemon face scrub. It goes on easily, and doesn’t leave you feeling oily. The entire time I used this product, I didn’t have any dry patches, and I also didn’t break out (which sometimes happens to me with moisturizers). Also, I was able to layer this under foundation (which I rarely wear), and my face didn’t feel like it was caked in products, nor did it affect the application or coverage of my foundation. I’ve been looking for a moisturizer for a while. I think this is the one. I’ll be buying this in full size.
There it is-another great Birchbox! If you want to try it for yourself, here’s my referral code. I’m in love with this monthly sample subscription, and I bet you will be too!