Another month, another awesome Birchbox! I just got an email saying my March box is on its way, which means just one more month and my gift subscription will run out. If my March box is as awesome as the past few months have been, you better believe I’ll be renewing! So, let’s take a look at what I got in February!
- Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect (Full size: $32): Basically, this is a leave in conditioner that is supposed to help protect color as well as strengthen and nourish the hair. While it does seem to do those things, and didn’t interfere with my styling, I didn’t like how it made my hair feel. Every time I washed my hair after using this, it didn’t feel clean. It felt heavy, and it felt like each strand was coated in something that was weighing it down (even though it didn’t look like it). Once I stopped using the spray, it took an additional three washes before my hair felt “normal” again. While It does what it says it will, I did not like how my hair felt when I used it, so this was a “no” for me.
- Harvey Prince Hello (Full size: $55): Another perfume sample. It doesn’t smell bad, but it wasn’t really “my” scent either. It is light, with a hint of citrus and flowers (which, in theory is right up my alley), but it just didn’t feel like something I would wear. Since I rarely wear perfume as is, I won’t be purchasing this. That said, while it’s not right for me, I can think of several people I think it would be right for. I’ll probably send this sample one of their ways since it won’t get any use otherwise.
- Sumita Color Contrast Eye Liner (Full size: $11-$21): This eye liner was AMAZING. it goes on super smooth and comes in amazing colors. Mine was blue, and WOW was it blue. When I took it off, the cotton ball was bright, crayon blue. I loved it. It was an awesome pop of color that was easy to apply and felt great on my lids. I would absolutely consider buying this.
- Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain in Heartthrob (Full size: $20): Another win! This stain was a great color-bold and flirty. It went really well with my skin tone. Also, it stayed put and didn’t wear off quickly. Once this sample is used up, I WILL be purchasing. I highly recommend this one!
- Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Lotion (Full size: $15): When I first put some of this lotion in my palm, I wasn’t sure that this was going to be a hit with me. It felt thin and even a bit watery. After last month’s thick, creamy lotion, I really didn’t think this would cut it. However, I was totally wrong. This lotion was light, but it also didn’t leave me feeling greasy. It was perfect for my hands, neck, and even face because it didn’t feel heavy and it absorbed quickly. So while I still love the Tocca, I can see a world in which I would use both of these.
So there you go! February was another hit! Like I say every month, even when I don’t love everything I get, I love trying new things and learning what products do and don’t work for me. I would never try a $20 lip stain on a whim, so getting these samples is amazing. Now I know that it would be $20 well spent on a product I would totally use and love. If you haven’t had a chance, check out my previous reviews (Nov, Dec, Jan).
Think you want to try Birchbox yourself? Use my referral link! A just $10 a month, it is totally worth it!